Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So I'm Old and Critical


So yeah, I was thinking what we really need here is one more bike blog.  This isn’t going to be one of those blogs full of podium pics I post of myself, because I am humble.  And I really suck at racing.  Or one of those blogs that seriously considers the advantages of 12 x 142 rear hub spacing over 135 mm because honestly all I would do is plagiarize someone else who seems to know what they are talking about.  Rather, I want to take a critical look at cycling.  Critical, not in the negative sense of the word but rather in the analytical sense.

I guess I am old.  How I got old is a little fuzzy, I mean, I was just 24 the other day and had my shit together.  I took a nap, woke up, and I was a 48 year old single father with two kids and a mortgage payment. 

I suppose I’m old and critical.  What that means is I won’t run out and buy a 650B wheeled MTB to replace the 29er I ran out and bought to replace my 26er, because I'm sure next week there will be a 25” wheeled bike that will blow all the other designs out of the water with it’s lower rotating mass and a smaller contact patch. 

Or maybe it will be a 30” wheeled bike.  What I do know is life isn’t made up of problems to solve as much as it is paradoxes to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment